latelorraine

snark (reading) lady

In my free time, I snark things. In my freer time, I read things.

Night Film
Marisha Pessl
The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials, #3)
Philip Pullman
Brewster
Mark Slouka
The Lord of the Rings
J.R.R. Tolkien, J.R.R. Tolkien
Paper Towns - John Green “What a treacherous thing it is to believe that a person is more than a person”4.5 stars.There were so many things that I hardcore loved about this book. - The dialogue and all of the ways that the little quirks of the characters felt like something that might belong in my life. - Ben, Radar and Lacey. There was a moment when I thought, "Oh right. The nerdy boys and the hot girl, naturally," but Green made me eat my words. It goes back to the theory of actual people vs. ideas of people. The hot girl might not date the nerdy kid, but Lacey the girl with the weird food habits might date the guy who pees in bottles. I loved getting to know them. I loved their interactions as friends. It made the book. - The juicy, life pondering tidbits, especially but not limited to the ideas of paper towns (I live in Florida...) and the ideas of cracks in our vessels and how we all eventually go down. I loved when faced with the assholey behavior of Ben, Radar tells him how people are just the people that they are. We accept the bad because we love the good. I did not, however, like Margo Roth Spigelman. I'm not sure if I was supposed to like her, in light of the theme of the book, but I didn't. I'm glad Q went on the adventure, for Q's sake, but I hate Margo for making him go through it. Overall, though, a fast read from a very good author. You should go read it.